Author: Barry Mansfield | ISBN: 978-1-905536-47-4 | Format: Hard Back | Price: €109 | Published 24 April 2012
The introduction of the Arbitration Act 2010 has radically changed existing arbitration law and practice in Ireland. Arbitration Act 2010 and Model Law: A Commentary provides a detailed and concise, section-by-section, commentary on the Arbitration Act 2010 and the UNCITRAL Model Law with the aim of setting out the current law and practice governing arbitration in Ireland.
In this accessible work, each provision is reproduced in full with detailed commentary providing the reader with an appreciation of the meaning and effect of each provision. The work aims to consider all materials that may be helpful to a future Irish court called upon to interpret the provisions of the Arbitration Act 2010 including not only Irish materials, but also international materials such as case-law, the UNCITRAL travaux préparatoires and secondary materials from leading commentators.
About the Author
Barry Mansfield is a practising barrister.
- Introduction and Background Information
- Arbitration Act 2010 (fully annotated);
- Text of UNCITRAL Model Law on International Commercial Arbitration (fully annotated);
- Text of 1958 Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards
- Text of 1965 Convention on the Settlement of Investment Disputes between States and Nationals of Other States