The specialist insight into criminal law and practice in Ireland.
Criminal Law and Practice Review, Volume 1
Editors: Ivana Bacik and David Prendergast | ISBN (PB): 978-1-905536-67-2 | ISSN 2009-7344 |
Format and Price: Paperback €49 | Publication Date: 2 July 2014
The Criminal Law and Practice Review (formerly the Criminal Law and Procedure Review) is a new law journal from Clarus Press in collaboration with the School of Law, Trinity College Dublin. Originally based on the Criminal Law Update conference held annually in Trinity College, the revamped Criminal Law and Practice Review includes article versions of the papers presented at the conference, along with new articles and notes on recent developments in substantive and procedural criminal law.
About the Editors
Ivana Bacik, Reid Professor of Criminal Law, Criminology and Penology, School of Law, Trinity College Dublin.
David Prendergast, Assistant Professor, School of Law, Trinity College Dublin.
Volume One Includes
- “The Proposed Court of Appeal” by Hilary Biehler
- “Victims of Crime with Disabilities in Ireland” by Shane Kilcommins
- “Improperly Obtained Evidence, Silence And Legal Advice: Ongoing Change In Seemingly Settled Situations?” by Yvonne Marie Daly
- “Ireland’s Proposed DNA Framework” by David O’Dwyer
- “Addressing Uncertainty in the Defences of Self-Defence, Diminished Responsibility and Provocation” by David Prendergast
- “Legislative Developments in Criminal Law and Procedure” by Ivana Bacik
- Cases and Commentary includes:
- “The Statutory Retention of Fingerprints” by Liz Heffernan
- “Clifford v DPP“ by Seán Ó Toghda
- “Vague Offences and the High Court” by David Prendergast
Who Should Buy This Review?
The Criminal Law and Practice Review will be of great interest to all criminal lawyers including practitioners, academics and students. As well as lawyers, those interested in criminology, victimology, policing, evidenceand other related criminal law topics will find this Review both informative, authoritative and current.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.