An established and popular leading textbook on company law now in its 5th edition.
An Introduction to Irish Company Law
Author: Gráinne Callanan | ISBN: 9781911611622 | Format: Paperback | Extent: Approx 500 pages | Price: €59 | Publishing: 26 November 2021
An Introduction to Irish Company Law is an established and popular leading textbook on company law. It is written with the student reader in mind and designed to help in their understanding of the core principles of company law.
Fully updated and revised since the last edition in 2015, this fifth edition includes the following updates:
- Amendments to the Companies Act 2014 as a consequence of the Companies (Accounting) Act 2017, the Companies (Statutory Audits) Act 2018, the Companies (Amendment) Act 2019, the Companies (Miscellaneous Provisions (Covid-19) Act 2020 and the Companies (Rescue Process for Small and Micro Companies) Act 2021;
- European Union (Anti-Money Laundering: Beneficial Ownership of Corporate Entities) Regulations 2019 (“the 2019 Regulations).
- Updated case law including:
- Gibbons v Doherty & ADT Investments Ltd  IESC 72 (Pre-Incorporation Contracts)
- O’Sullivan v Conroy Gold and Natural Resources Plc  IEHC 54 (Company Constitution, Directors’ Fiduciary Duties, Members’ Rights)
- Right to Know CLG v Raheenleagh Power DAC  IEHC 46 (Character of a Company).
- McGarry & McGarry v O’Brien  IEHC 740 and Grenet v Electronic Arts Ireland Ltd  IEHC 786 (Directors’ Authority)
- Stobart v Tinkler  EWHC 258 and Re Blarney Woollen Mills Group  IEHC 509 (Directors’ Authority v Members’ Powers)
- Re Park Magic Mobile Solutions Ltd  IEHC 287 (Rectification of Register of Members)
- Kings Court Trust Ltd v Lancashire Cleaning Services Ltd  EWHC 1094 (Death of Sole Member and Director)
- Re Fintra Trawling Co Ltd  IEHC 511 (Declaration of Personal Liability of Directors)
- Re Jazz Pharmaceuticals Plc Unreported, High Court (Barniville J), 1 December 2020; and Re Hibernia Reit Plc  IEHC 144 (Reduction of Share Capital).
- Re Keeping Kids Company Ltd  EWHC 175 (De Facto Directors)
- Re CF Booth Ltd  EWHC 457 (Ch) (Directors’ Fiduciary Duties and Dividend Policy).
- Granada Group Ltd v The Law Debenture Pension Trust Corp Plc  BCC 57 (Substantial Property Transactions)
- In Re Appleyard Motors Ltd  IECA 280 (Reckless Trading); and In Re Kelly’s Trucks Ltd  IEHC 6 (Fraudulent Trading)
- Saggart Motors Ltd v NG Motors Ltd  IEHC 390 (Derivative Actions)
- In Re Seda (Skills and Enteprise Development Academy) Ltd  IEHC 333 and In Re Emerald Isle Assurances and Investments Ltd  IEHC 669 (remedies for oppression).
- In Re Latzur Ltd (In Receivership)  IEHC 592 (Automatic Crystallisation Clauses and Recrystallisation of Floating Charge).
- In Re Begassa Ltd  IEHC 110 (Section 440 and Borrowing Costs of Receivers).
- In Re JJ Red Holdings Ltd  IEHC 524 and In Re KH Kitty Hall Holdings Ltd  IECA 247 (Settlement Agreements and Examinership).
- In Re PPF Capital Source Ltd  IECA 63 (Annulment of Winding Up Petition)
- In Re MB Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Ltd (In Liquidation)  IEHC 753 and In Re Churchboro Building Contractors Ltd  IEHC 663 (Post-Commencement Dispositions);
- In Re Custom House Capital Ltd (In Liquidation); Wallace v Cassidy & Ors  IEHC 689 (Disqualification of Directors).
- Promotion, Formation and Dissolution
- The Constitution and Related Matters
- The Separate Legal Personality
- Corporate Capacity and Authority
- Maintenance of Company Capital
- Membership and Beneficial Interests
- Members Meetings and Decision Making
- Minority Protection
- Directors and Secretary
- General Duties of Directors
- Directors Transactions and Interests
- Directors and Insolvency
- Restriction and Disqualification
- Financial Statements, Reporting and Auditors
- Charges and Debentures
- Corporate Rescue
- Asset Realisation and Distribution
Who Should Buy This Book?
An Introduction to Irish Company Law, 5th edition is essential for all students undertaking undergraduate company law and business courses in Ireland. This book is also recommended for those taking their professional accountancy examinations as well as legal professionals and business owners seeking to reacquaint themselves with company law.
About the Author
Gráinne Callanan, BCL, LLM, MBS, Cdip (A&F) has been a lecturer in company and insolvency Law at Waterford Institute of Technology for over 20 years. She has a number of publications in the field of company law. She was previously employed in the corporate banking sector.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.