Author: Martin McDonnell | ISBN: 978-1-905536-54-2 | Format: Paper Back 234 x 156 | Publication Date: Jan 2014 | Extent: approx 300 pages
The Law of Firearms & Offensive Weapons provides an in-depth analysis and guide to the laws relating to firearms and offensive weapons in Ireland, the first book dealing with this specific area of law. In relation to firearms the author considers the licensing requirements and criminal offences as well as the lawful distribution, sale and manufacture of such weapons, statutory defences and Garda powers of search and seizure. A consolidation of the principle legislation is included in the appendices of this work.
About the Author
Martin McDonnell is a practising barrister and author of Misuse of Drugs: Criminal Offences and Penalties.
- Firearms & Ammunition
- Lawful Possession of a Firearm
- Unauthorised Possession of a Firearm
- Firearms Offences
- Firearm Sale & Manufacture
- Firearm Importation & Exportation
- Firearm Shooting Ranges & Clubs
- Possession of Offensive Weapons
- Powers of Investigation
- Appendices: Firearms Acts from 1925