The definitive work on trade marks law in Ireland.
Trade Marks Law, Second Edition
Author: Glen Gibbons | ISBN: 978-1-905536-80-1 | Format and Price: Hardback €149| Publication Date: 12 January 2016
“…the author has taken the opportunity to set out in a clear, concise, yet comprehensive way this often complex area of law.”
Mr Justice Frank Clarke (Supreme Court, Foreword to 1st edition)
Trade Marks Law (2nd ed) by Glen Gibbons BL, provides a comprehensive examination of Irish trade marks law including analysis of all significant Superior Court and Patents Office jurisprudence. Principal case law from the UK, Court of Justice and General Court are also included in this leading text book.
Trade Marks Law (2nd ed) is fully updated and includes:
- A new chapter on practice and procedure;
- A specific chapter dealing with defences to trade mark infringement and passing off;
- An analysis of proposed reforms under the revised Harmonisation Directive and Regulation;
- Expanded chapter on passing off with analysis of recent case law concerning extended passing off, personality rights and the geographical extent of goodwill;
- Comprehensive analysis of Patents Office decisions under the Trade Marks Act 1996;
- Recent developments in comparative advertising.
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: International Developments
Chapter 3: Passing Off and Ancillary Torts
Chapter 4: Trade Mark Registration
Chapter 5: Absolute Grounds for Refusal of Trade Mark Registration
Chapter 6: Relative Grounds for Refusal of Trade Mark Registration
Chapter 7: Infringement
Chapter 8: Defences
Chapter 9: Remedies and Criminal Sanctions
Chapter 10: Surrender, Revocation and Invalidity
Chapter 11: Practice and Procedure
Appendix I: Consolidated Trade Marks Act 1996
Appendix II: Consolidated Trade Marks Rules 1996
Who Should Buy This Book?
Trade Marks Law (2nd ed) is a must for all intellectual property lawyers in Ireland and especially trade mark agents. Barristers and solicitors who specialise in commercial law will also have a keen interest in this title as well as ‘in-house lawyers’ working in SMEs and large corporations.
About the Author
Glen Gibbons is a barrister with extensive experience of IP litigation in Ireland.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.