The definitive work on trade marks law in Ireland
Trade Marks Law, Third Edition
Author: Glen Gibbons | ISBN: 978-1-911611-81-3 | Format and Price: Hardback €175| Publication Date: October 2022
“…the author has taken the opportunity to set out in a clear, concise, yet comprehensive way this often complex area of law.”
Mr Justice Frank Clarke (former Chief Justice, Foreword to 1st edition)
Trade Marks Law, Third Edition, by Glen Gibbons SC, provides a comprehensive examination of Irish trade marks law including analysis of all significant Superior Court and Irish Intellectual Property Office jurisprudence. Principal case law from the UK, Court of Justice and General Court are also included in this leading text book.
Trade Marks Law, Third Edition, is fully updated and includes:
- Full analysis of the statutory position in Ireland concerning the opposition, registration, invalidity and revocation of trade marks;
- A detailed consideration of the jurisprudence concerning online trade mark disputes including website targeting;
- The impact of the Supreme Court Merck judgment on interlocutory trade mark injunctions;
- The position of unorthodox trade marks in relation to registration and invalidity;
- A review of the remedies available including the position of damages and declaratory relief;
- Comprehensive analysis of IPOI decisions under the Trade Marks Act 1996;
- Recent developments in passing off and comparative advertising.
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: International Developments
Chapter 3: Passing Off and Ancillary Torts
Chapter 4: Trade Mark Registration
Chapter 5: Absolute Grounds for Refusal of Trade Mark Registration
Chapter 6: Relative Grounds for Refusal of Trade Mark Registration
Chapter 7: Surrender, Revocation and Invalidity
Chapter 8: Infringement
Chapter 9: Defences
Chapter 10: Remedies and Criminal Sanctions
Chapter 11: Practice and Procedure
Appendix I: Consolidated Trade Marks Act 1996
Appendix II: Consolidated Trade Marks Rules 1996
Who Should Buy This Book?
Trade Marks Law, Third Edition is a must for all intellectual property lawyers in Ireland and especially trade mark agents. Barristers and solicitors who specialise in commercial law will also have a keen interest in this title as well as ‘in-house lawyers’ working in SMEs and large corporations.
About the Author
Glen Gibbons is a barrister with extensive experience of IP litigation in Ireland.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.